28/12/2012

Shiro-nuri

  Shironuri is a Japanese subculture -much like Gothic Lolita –and can be found on the streets of Japan. Shironuri// white make-up may seem excessive to most, but I think it’s intriguing and rather beautiful. I wouldn't have the time to do this myself though.  Frankly at some point in history fashion has always taken the turn for the extreme, look at the S-shaped corset for example (By the end of the century you could plainly see where the name came from).Same goes to medieval headdresses, renaissance neck ruffles, bustles (in both shape and size) , farthingales etc.

(I do not take any credit for this image)

 In fact  just the other day I found myself in a conversation about what would be the next big turning point in fashion (because our generation hasn't had a defining point as of yet). So anything like this I admire and find exciting and inspiring. I think people should get a little excessive and experimental at times. After all what is fashion without a little fun?

                                                                            (I do not take any credit for this image)

I ask you what makes shironuri so different from the s-shaped corset/ neck ruffles/bustle etc. ? 

Well it isn't being worn by the masses like all the above mentioned (I’ll acknowledge that). As opposed to past fashions this is neither restricting nor a health hazard. Times also do change, but it’s not physically hurting anyone so why not is what I say. 


I especially like Minori, who has put a very unique spin on this. While others mostly look to horror for inspiration, she looks more to nature (view an interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwi5OhZJmFI&feature=youtu.be).

More information can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwi5OhZJmFI&feature=youtu.be. I really had a hard time finding more information on this (I’m not going to lie). This was the best bit of information I could find- very informative XD. 

Shironuri is truly an art!

 (I do not take any credit for this image)

 (I do not take any credit for this image)

 (I do not take any credit for this image)

 (I do not take any credit for this image)

 (I do not take any credit for this image)




No comments:

Post a Comment